The food was fantastic and I managed to catch a few chefs preparing their plates.
Cecilia de Castro (middle) - ACE Academy
Matt Dhillon (middle)
Susan Feniger (middle) - Border Grill
David Hands (on right) - Bouchon
Brian Hill (on right) - MyTable
Keven Lee - My World on a Plate
Nobody put on a tasting event like Keven Lee of "My World on a Plate." This sit-down pairing of small plates and Tequila, Wine and Beer was the most entertaining of the evening and a great way to experience his very fine small bites with shots of recommended drinks.
The other food offerings from Border Grill and Bouchon were fantastic!
|Border Grill - Green Corn Tamales with Sour Cream & Salsa Fresca|
|Bouchon - Shrimp & Oysters|
- Tamara Anderson - Sugar and Spyked
- Diane Dimeo
- Raj Dixit - Stonehill Tavern
- Adam_Fleischman - Taco Teca
- Chris Rosenberg - Taco Teca
- Eddie G - Coast to Coast Cuisine
- Vazgen Ghahremanians - Q Kabob
- Adrian Giese - Mastro’s Steakhouse
- Michael Ginor - Hudson Valley Fois Gras
- Adam Goldberg - Fresh Brothers
- Michael Goldberg - Fresh Brothers
- Scott Goldberg - Fresh Brothers
- Phillip Jung - Organic Corner
- Phillip Frankland Lee - Scratch Bar
- Bradley Ogden - Ogden Hospitality
- Denise Portillo - Forking Good Café
- Luke Smith - Fiamme Pizza Napoletana
- Eve Stephens - Eve Chocolatier
- Adam Steudle - Rooftop Lounge
- Kimmy Tang - 9021PHO
- Stephane Treand - St. Patisserie Chocolat
- Richard Webster
Ahnfeldt Wines poured some very fine wines. It’s great to taste wines from Napa Valley!
2013 Provocative Chardonnay, Sonoma County
2012 Merlot, Napa Valley
2012 Provocative Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, Kreuse Canyon Vineyard
2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve, Napa Valley
Gagnon Cellars is a small winery in Temecula that makes some very nice wines from Sonoma and other northern California vineyards. I sampled these:
2013 Reserve Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
2013 Red Wine Blend, Alexander Valley, Sonoma County
2013 Syrah, California
2013 Petite Sirah, Single Vineyard, Alexander Valley, Sonoma County
2013 Single Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley
2008 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Clara County
Harmata Family Wines poured their 2012 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, South Coast and had their limited Rosé Cabernet Sauvignon, South Coast on display. Luckily, I have a bottle of both at home in my wine cellar.
In addition to wine tasting I enjoyed several of the beers from the Icelandic Einstök Beer Company and the Bavarian ABK (Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren) founded in 1308.
I enjoyed both the Einstök Beer Company’s Icelandic White Ale and Icelandic Toasted Porter, but I wasn’t a fan of the Icelandic Arctic Berry Ale.
I also managed to have a sip of Infuse Vodka (Chili Pepper), a Dirty Tequila Margarita, plus some 1921 Tequila Blanco (100% De Agave) and 1921 Tequila Cream Liqueur.