The Taste of Camarillo food and wine festival was lots of fun last year, so I was looking forward to it again this year--plus the Wine Auction Gala & Dinner held the night before. I took my DSLR camera and HD videocam planning to capture the essence of both events, but I think I ended up capturing almost all of the events! So if a picture is worth a thousand words, along with HD video, I've got a few gigabytes of words.
The Wine Auction Gala & Dinner started with a silent auction on the side of the Camarillo Ranch house. Domaine Saint-Vincent Methode Champenoise Brut and Bridlewood Reserve wines were poured along with Hors D'Oeuvres:
- Lobster Salad in a hand rolled chive crepe and topped with caviar and micro greens.
- Chicken & Black Truffle Pate in pastry with fig preserves.
- Fava Bean Tapenade served on crostini with pickled onions and artichoke heart.
- Mushroom Tarts with French brie cheese.
- Beef Wellington wrapped in pastry with a tarragon dijon sauce.
The Big Little Jazz Band provided some nice background music, the dinner was fabulous and the live auction was a hoot!
Click here to watch a video of the Gala.
A Taste of Camarillo wine and food festival had a very good mix of wineries, beer, and food. I managed to take pictures of about 50 wineries, but I'm sure there were a couple more there. Out of the new wineries (to me) that I found interesting were Barr Estate Winery, Frolicking Frog Cellars, Hidden Oak Winery, J&J Cellars and Sextant. Some of my favorite wines tasted were:
- Alma Sol 2010 Cuatro Caminos, Paso Robles
- B&E Vineyard 2009 Merlot
- B&E Vineyard 2008 Rhythm
- J&J Cellars 2009 Tempranillo, Estate, Paso Robles
- Pear Valley Estate Wine 2009 Distraction (27% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Malbec, 24% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc, 8% Petite Verdot).
- Sextant Wines 2010 'Night Watch' (69% Zinfandel, 23% Petite Sirah, 9% Syrah).
All of the food from Billy D'z Backyard BBQ, N'Awlinz Bistro, Spanish Hills CC, Sushi Fresh Ventura, Tierra Sur (Lamb Bacon!), and Twenty 88 was fabulous!
And the Cover 2 Cover band covered a lot of great songs!
Click here to watch a video of the Festival.