Tuesday, September 9, 2014

TnT Worldwide Audience

Cheers to Taste N Trip Blog Readers!

According to recent Google Blogger Stats the Taste N Trip Blog audience has viewed the pages on this blog 36,774 times.
It's great that readers in the U.S. have found this blog and have read about "Notes and pictures from tasting trips around California--Paso Robles, Santa Barbara, Ventura County Wine Trail and more."  I'm also surprised at how many people from a variety of other countries have visited here too.  Most of these countries produce world class wines as well (or at least consume them), so I'm curious about their interest in California wines.  

I took a quick online tour of the wines produced by these countries and now I would like to do a worldwide tasting trip! I've been to some wineries in France and Canada, but I only drank beer while I was in Germany. I noticed there's a Wine Fest at the Kiev Expo Plaza Exhibition Center in Kiev, Ukraine from November 5th - 7th, that could be fun.

I used images of the following wine bottles to create my graph above:

Germany
Balthasar Ress, Hattenheimer Schützenhaus, Rheingau Riesling, Kabinett

Russia

Lefkadia, 2010 Tanaida, Dry Red (Cabernet Sauvignon 45%, Merlot 25%, 15% Grenache, 12% Malbec, 3% Black Tsimlyansky) 
Although Rkatsiteli is a popular grape variety from Russia, I couldn’t find much about it online in the Russian Federation.  The only country I could find with information about it was The Republic of Georgia.

France

Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages, 100% Gamay
Beaujolais Nouveau Day will be here soon - November 20th. It is celebrated in France and around the world on the third Thursday of November when young Beaujolais wine is released for sale.
 

Canada
Red Rooster Winery Riesling, Okanagan Valley, Canada

Ukraine  

Официальный сайт Ассоциации Сомелье Украины. Prince Trubetskoy Winery, 2008 Pearl of the Steppes, 100% Aligoté

United Kingdom

English Wine or British Wine?
English (or Welsh Wine) is made from grapes grown in England (or Wales) and produced in UK wineries.  British Wine is the product of imported grapes or grape concentrate that is made into wine in Britain. 
Glyndwr Vineyard 2013 Red (Rondo, Regent and Triomphe d’Alsace) is from Wales.

China
Kweichow Moutai (Maotai) Grain Wine, 53% Alc/Vol. 

I had a friend bring me a bottle of this back from China around 1984 and it had quite a kick with a very unique grain flavor.

Turkey
Pamukkale 2011 Diamond red (Shiraz, Merlot, and Turkish varieties of Kalecik Karası and Boğazkere).

Latvia
Latvijas Balzams Rigas Sampanietis - Sparkling Wine Rose, Latvia


If you are reading this blog and you're from Germany, Russia, France, Canada, Ukraine, United Kingdom, China, Turkey or Latvia, what wine would you have selected to represent your country? I realize there are many different wine regions and brands in every country, so there may not be an easy answer to this question.  Or, have you tasted any of the wines I listed? Were they any good?  Send me a message ...
Cheers!

Email:        TasteNTrip@gmail.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/TasteNTrip

Twitter:      @TasteNTrip

No comments:

Post a Comment